[ale] Water Levels & Corps of NON Engineers.

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Wed Jan 2 18:31:15 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 18:19 -0500, Jim Philips wrote:
> And when you have an issue that affects the health and comfort of
> millions of people, how would you resolve it without "POLITICS"?

Well, as history has taught everyone... .no large populace ever gets
consistent health and comfort from a bureaucracy.  You pretty much have
to get into smaller ratios (like one doctor to 50 patients) to get
consistent quality health and comfort... but that has a price well above
water and gas. :-)  The beauty of FOS is that the efforts of a few can
be capitalized by the masses.  BUT, that's with Software not necessarily
with Health Care or other aspects of life.  I long for the day that
Health Care would fit in the "open source" model, but as long as Medical
School costs $200,000+, I suspect it will remain sacred grounds for
quite sometime.

> Have a wise tsar decide the whole thing by fiat?

In the case of a Pandemic situation, would you want everyone to be
making their own decisions?

In FOS we call it a code fork, with viri it's a mutation. :-)

-Jim P.