[ale] CF card as disk drive

hbbs at comcast.net hbbs at comcast.net
Tue Jan 1 12:45:21 EST 2008

What Dan Lambert said.  Here we are in a thread about storage media that will die utterly after some relatively small but indeterminable number of writes.

Yes, it's unfortunate that the Microdrives still have a mechanical basis, but right now they fill a price/performance/reliability hole that the manufacturers haven't addressed yet.

From: David Tomaschik <ozone at webgroup.org>