[ale] snmp issues

Atlanta Geek atlantageek at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 14:32:05 EST 2008

Thanks all.
I finally was able to return to this and resolved the issue. The rpm
net-snmp-utils was definately a help.  It verified the issue was a
network problem. It turned out that the firewall appeared to be
blocking the port.
I normally don't have the firewall on but because of a power glitch my
machine was rebooted.

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 8:41 PM, Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:
> Jim Popovitch wrote:
>  > On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:
>  >>  Weird, on RHWS 4 it's in net-snmp, on fedora 8 it's in net-snmp.  I
>  >>  would think it would have been the same place on Centos.
>  >
>  > On ES and AS (and presumably WS), snmptrapD is in package net-snmp,
>  > snmptrap (no ending d) is in net-snmp-utils.
>
>  Yeah, my bad, I spotted snmptrapd and made the assumption.
>
>  snmptrap (no d) comes with net-snmp-utils on both Fedora 8 and ES as you
>  noted.
>

>  --
>  Until later, Geoffrey
>
>  Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little
>  temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
>   - Benjamin Franklin

Stability is for the weak!!!
Long live the next big thing.