[ale] Yahoo Groups: perils?

aaron aaron at pd.org
Tue Feb 26 17:27:28 EST 2008

I would suggest you show your list members some respect
and go with Google Groups.

The thing I most appreciate about Google's free services is that,
even though they are funded through advertising, their adverts
are not invasive, distracting or user abusive (a complete reversal
of the dozens of flashing graphics and constant barage of cross
promotional popups found on the commercial webmail access
portals and pages I occasionally have to use at Dirthlink and
Commiecast - don't know why I'm expected to put up with this
constant commercial abuse at a subscription service that I pay
for - another case of paying customers getting corporaped).

Most of what we see at entry portals for other free service sites
like Mafia$oft Snotmail or Yahoo Gropes are even more
obnoxious and user abusive than Commiecast and Dirthlink.
I think you would be doing your group a disservice to subject
them to that unnecessarily.

peace
aaron