[ale] Yahoo Groups: perils?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:16:20 EST 2008

Given Mickey$hafts intention to borg/absorb Yahoo, putting the group on
googlegroups (runs Linux) makes sense.

But then again, putting a group on Yahoo that deals with open source
software and recycled computers sounds amusingly ironic.

When I set up the temp googlegroup for ale, it took all of 5 minutes.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Daniel Howard <dhhoward at comcast.net> wrote:

> It's been recommended that I set up a Yahoo Group for our UUCA Computers
> for the Community (Linux on donated PCs) volunteer group.  I'm used to
> majordomo type listserv's, but it seems the Yahoo Groups are easy to set
> up and can even be restricted/invitation only.
>
> Any thoughts from this group on perils or concerns with commercial
> approaches like Yahoo or Google Groups?
>
> Best,
> Daniel
>
> --
> Daniel Howard
> President and CEO
> Georgia Open Source Education Foundation

James P. Kinney III
CEO & Director of Engineering
Local Net Solutions,LLC
http://www.localnetsolutions.com