[ale] Network testing

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Feb 26 09:06:24 EST 2008

I've bought a coupler Router Board 4 port PCI Ethernet cards.  I'm using
them in a bridge system on an embedded device.  I want to test the
maximum amount of throughput that I can achieve with this device between
two nodes on my network.  I've found the program called netperf and am
thinking that I will try it between 2 nodes with a cross-over cable then
try it with the two nodes and the bridge in between.  Is this the best
method?  What I'm trying to determine is if I use this thing on my
network what are my limits?

Chris