[ale] OT: GPS/nav units?

Sid Lane jakes.dad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 11:21:29 EST 2008

hey,

am thinking about getting one of these but thought this might be a good
group from which to solicit advice.

basically I'd like to know if one brand generally better than any other, are
the more expensive models worth the cost, etc.

also, does anyone know about the "tinfoil hat" factor w/these?  are there
models that can they be "flushed"/purged by the owner?  I remember seeing
that the FBI used one against someone in a murder case and while I certainly
have no such plans I figure in post-9/11 Soviet USA the less info the govt
has access to the better...