[ale] Comcast preventing Linux on wireless router modems?

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Mon Feb 25 06:49:47 EST 2008

I got a call last nite from a teacher I'd given an Ubuntu PC for her
kids to use at home.  The Comcast guy was there installing a cablemodem
router with wireless and they were having trouble getting the Ubuntu PC
on the network, something about the router reporting "This OS not
supported."  I've hung Linux PCs off of cablemodems for years now w/o
problems, is there something new Comcast Atlanta could be doing to
prevent Linux OS PCs?

Best,
Daniel

--