[ale] More info on UUCA meeting next monday

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Sat Feb 23 15:47:44 EST 2008

Here's more info on the new Computers for the Community program I'm
starting at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta: I've got
about 30 volunteers ready to help find donated PCs, put Linux on them,
and donate them to needy families or organizations.  Our kickoff meeting
is this Monday at 7 pm, and here's the info on UUCA:

Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta
1911 Cliff Valley Way NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
www.uuca.org

I'm thinking we'll use PuppyLinux, K12LTSP, and Ubuntu, depending on the
need and the state of the donated PCs.  One of the UUCA members has an
idea for how to get some major Buckhead businesses involved so we may
get lots more donated PCs than I was originally planning.  I'm also
hoping I can talk the leadership into putting Linux in their preschool
classrooms.  What makes this possible is that UUCA is offering us a
venue for the work, as well as a ready team of volunteers.  Should be
lots of fun!  You're all invited!

Best,
Daniel

--