[ale] the _REAL_REASON_ for the admin change

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Wed Feb 20 16:09:58 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Randy Ramsdell
<rramsdell at livedatagroup.com> wrote:
>  I am not sure what is meant by something being a  third level of
>  protection because each is equally important. It also appears that
>  viruses anr't an issue here since I never get hits for viruses off this
>  list.
>  On thing to note is that Spamassassin will check these lists and it will
>  check ALL mail relays within a message header whereas Sendmail is
>  probably only checking the connected ip.

You DON"T want spamassassin checking files that haven't been first
cleared by a virus scanner.  SA does too much interaction, via perl,
with emails that it's not worth the risk.   Always use this order:

   1) DNSBL checks
   2) Virus checks
   3) Spam checks
   4) blacklists