[ale] OT:Recommended scanners

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Tue Feb 19 11:25:27 EST 2008

Film scanning and Linux have not gone well together.

I'm not sure who all's scanners have this feature, but one thing about
the Nikon units that was noteworthy was that the images used an infrared
channel, whose purpose was to get an image of any dist or scratches on
the film.  That channel was then used to interpolate the other color
channels to mask out the defects in software.