[ale] PPPo{EA} v NAT in DSL gateways

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Tue Dec 30 06:28:52 EST 2008

On Mon December 29 2008, Ken Cochran wrote:
> What (I think) I'm trying to do is to *not* be dependent on
> PPPo{AE} signon in my NAT/firewall machine (which isn't yet
> an appliance such as a LinkSys box) but rather push that out
> to whatever is connected to the DSL line.  Naturally, I also
> need to avoid double-NAT, which would further break all kinds
> of stuff...
>
> I gotta find me some FMs to RT...  Pointers/URLs welcome.

I can tell you when you switch ( in advanced mode) from PPPoE to bridged mode,
the login info/capability just disappears.( Westell Modem).

google search found this page for Westell setup:
http://www.lava.net/support/Westell_2200_DSL_Modem_Installation_Guide

and the guide is here

http://www.westell.com/pages/model2200/userguide/userguide.jsp

--