[ale] PPPo{EA} v NAT in DSL gateways

Ken Cochran kwc at theworld.com
Mon Dec 29 17:49:24 EST 2008

Yes, they (the LinkSys boxen, etc.) do (the signon) but what I'm
trying to find out is if (e.g.) the Westell (or any other DSL
gateway) can still do the signon if it is set up in bridge mode.

What (I think) I'm trying to do is to *not* be dependent on
PPPo{AE} signon in my NAT/firewall machine (which isn't yet
an appliance such as a LinkSys box) but rather push that out
to whatever is connected to the DSL line.  Naturally, I also
need to avoid double-NAT, which would further break all kinds
of stuff...

I gotta find me some FMs to RT...  Pointers/URLs welcome.

-kc