[ale] OT: Java-6u11

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Mon Dec 29 13:18:38 EST 2008

I have the need to use the latest Java plugin by SUN on Fedora 9 and
FireFox 3.0.5. I'm currently running the OpenJDK that goes with the
Fedora Distribution(s). I have tried with no success of removing it DL
Java from SUN and then run the installer. It claimed to have installed,
but it was not working. I then tried to remove it and rpm claimed that
it was not installed. I then tried redoing the rpm install and it
claimed that it was already installed. I eventually went back to the
original set up and all seems to be working at this point. Anyone have
any suggestions? 6u11 seems to be a lot different that the previous
versions. I don't remember having this much trouble trying to do this
before.

TIA

Scott