[ale] Partitioning Problems

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Sat Dec 27 10:51:18 EST 2008

Jim:
> Rather than swap disks, which would become a royal pain in the lower
> regions, buy yourself one of the USB or Firewire (if your computer
> supports it) external hard drives and back up your important Linux data

Be careful, I run a Seagate Firewire external drive for this purpose...
formatted as EXT3. I normally keep it unplugged and unpowered
between uses.

I booted Vista (forgive me please) a few days ago.. and _almost_
clicked [Yes] to the 'This drive is not formatted, would you like
to format it' prompt.

When Microsoft recognizes other partitions/formats nicely,
even of it can't read/write them.. it'll be the first step
in playing nice with the real world of computers.