[ale] OT: osol CD won't boot

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Thu Dec 25 17:33:59 EST 2008

Okay maybe way off topic, but I'm not sure what's happening and I
haven't been able to get an answer at OpenSolaris.org. I have been
playing around with opensolaris 200811 on virtualbox. the image file as
well as a cd burned with the image will boot in a VM. The problem I have
is that when I try to boot on the actual physical machine I get know
where, just a GRUB> prompt. When I manually step through the process,
I'll get Error 25: Disk read error. I have just tried it on another
system and it'll boot fine. The HCL has mention of a MoBo similar to
mine as working, what else could be interfering with it?

TIA
Scott