[ale] Anyone Here Using Fedora?

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Wed Dec 24 22:02:43 EST 2008

Marc Ferguson wrote:
 > Let me know when/if you figure out how to burn DVD movies.  I have a
couple
> of .avi files on my hard drive and I'd love to get them in DVD format.  I
> tried, but I don't think I fully understand the video codec thingy.

If you install the latest version of Brasero [0] (0.8.2) along with
dvdauthor, vcdimager, and gst-plugin-bad and choose "video project" from
the menu it will take care of everything for you.

If you want more control over the DVD that's produced there's Devede
[1]. It still does all the hard parts automatically, but you can easily
adjust the bitrate, menu structure, etc. I've used this to make a few
disks for my nephew and been pleased with the results.

[0] http://projects.gnome.org/brasero/
[1] http://www.rastersoft.com/programas/devede.html

-Brian