[ale] gPodder NOT Writing to Other Partition

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 14:27:51 EST 2008

2008/12/17 Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com>

> Since that is a non-standard location/point-point, did you leave SELinux
> on?
>
> You might want to change the mount point to be inside you home area or use
> FUSE to mount it.
>
> 2008/12/17 Marc Ferguson <marcferguson at gmail.com>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm running Fedora 10 x86_64 and gPodder 0.13.0.  I have all my
>> music/podcasts on a separate partition.  I go into the preferences for
>> gPodder and change the "Download Folder" to my /media/DATA/Music/Podcats
>> folder and I get an error.
>>
>> So; it looks like I'm having some write issues with that folder.  Can I
>> simply modify the /etc/fstab to have the owner be my username (marc) and not
>> root?  I tried a:
>>
>> *chown -Rv marc /media/DATA*
>>
>> And that took a while, but it didn't change the ownership!  Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Marc F.
>> www.fergytech.com
>>
>> "When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide!"

> James P. Kinney III

Hi James,

What the heck is FUSE?  If it counts for anything I do have a symbolic link
in my home directory (/home/marc/Music/) that points to my "Music" folder on
my separate drive (/media/DATA/Music).  Does that make a difference?  And
about SELinux... I believe it's on, but I didn't have this issue with the
last release of Fedora.  Is it a new policy with SELinux that's causing this
issue?  It seems to do more harm than good, but then again, I don't know too
much about it. Thanks for your reply.

--
Marc F.

"..Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come.."
-Rev1:4
"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide!" -Marc F.