[ale] Web server OS

Brian Schenken brian.schenken at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 23:59:05 EST 2008

You can always install the server version and then install gnome or kde vie
the package manager - I haven't needed a desktop for a while but a while
back I believe ubuntu maintans a simple desktop package:

sudo aptitude install ubuntu-desktop

- all it took to get a desktop on a server version (If I recall correctly).
Back then I did this to have a desktop but also enjoy the benefits of the
server kernel and package versions/sources.