[ale] Converted my dad to ubuntu...

William Wylde durtybill at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 04:51:56 EST 2008

Because windoze couldn't recognize his sound card.  bwahahahahaha.

Ubuntu found and loaded the sound drivers immediately.  Only had a bit of
hassle with the wi-fi, which involved installing the ndiswrapper packages
before networking could address the wireless card, but the whole process was
much smoother and sweeter than the uber-hassle of windoze driver hell.
Wonder why a system that supposedly caters to the average idiot hasn't a
clue as to what's on it's pci bus?

Anywaze, I thought this a neat turn-around from the days I first joined this
list.

Seizin greetings, btw...  :-)