[ale] Can LN Erase Data?

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Sat Dec 20 19:59:41 EST 2008

2008/12/20 Marc Ferguson <marcferguson at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if the "ln" command can erase data?

I don't think so.  At least not without options, and not with "-s".

You mentioned trying to "open" something, but I don't think
you said what software you're using.  If you include a transcript
of your commands and their output, it will be unambiguous.
If you're not using commands, that would be important to mention.

I like the "file" command for examining symlinks.  It will tell
me if the symlink is broken.  Maybe that's what's going on.

--
  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>