[ale] I've hit a rough wall, installin' Smoothwall :-)

Courtney Thomas courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 19 21:33:17 EST 2008

Brian,

You were right and so was I.  I just didn't have enough sense to know it
:-)

There was nothing wrong with my setup. It's just that I didn't realize I
needed to
do a hard reset on the wireless router to apparently enable the router to
detect and incorporate each parameter change as I was feeling my way.

All now works as wanted ! Functionally.

But I'm still not sure if I've properly implemented subnetting re: the
router,
lan and firewall. Comments ?  [Please see initially submitted query for
detail.]

BUT......I have now half closed the firewall and would like to entirely
close it, putting
it in "closed" configuration, defined as.........

    "all outgoing requests are blocked and must be explicitly chosen ports
and services required".

How do I do this ?

Which ports and services, at a minimum, do I need ?

Cordially,

Courtney