[ale] Troubleshooting Audio?

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Thu Dec 18 12:52:34 EST 2008

On Thu December 18 2008, Marc Ferguson wrote:
> OK, I can do that.  In the mean time.  What is the situation with audio in
> Linux?  Is PulseAudio the wave of the future... the standard?  What's ALSA
> and some of the other options I see in my Sound Settings?  Either way,
> sounds seems to be very single-threaded and I' confused by that!  Thanks.

I think pulseaudio replaced Alsa for Ubuntu.. I'm runnung Debian Lenny and
still running alsa, so I have no clue how to configue pulseaudio.. my laptop
may have it, but I never listen to music on my laptop.. it's FOR WORK :)

see:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PulseAudio
It's a drop in replacement for EsounD. PulseAudio is the standard sound server
in Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800