[ale] gPodder NOT Writing to Other Partition

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 22:30:30 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm running Fedora 10 x86_64 and gPodder 0.13.0.  I have all my
music/podcasts on a separate partition.  I go into the preferences for
gPodder and change the "Download Folder" to my /media/DATA/Music/Podcats
folder and I get an error.

So; it looks like I'm having some write issues with that folder.  Can I
simply modify the /etc/fstab to have the owner be my username (marc) and not
root?  I tried a:

*chown -Rv marc /media/DATA*

And that took a while, but it didn't change the ownership!  Thanks.

--
Marc F.
www.fergytech.com

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide!"