[ale] new router

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sun Dec 14 18:30:06 EST 2008

ok, so I broke the antennae on my netgear router, and my wife needs her
wireless. So I went to my local STORE, and purchased a nice new Linksys
Wireless N WRT160N.
my current setup:
Westell modem <bridged mode> Netgear setup with login info-> PCs

when I try to setup the new Linksys router as ppoe, it fails to connect. When
I set it up as DHCP, and change the modem back to login/password, my
connection seems to time-out/go-away/die...
SO... for the night, I am leaving my old router in place, so all my
connections work, and I plugged the linksys into the netgear, and setup
wireless for my wife:)

I tried the wonderful CD that came with it. It takes forever to load up, and
it goes away/not responding, and I never get to the part where it says to
configure the router.
I am able to get to the router via the web app- 192.168.1.1 , I just don't see
anything that jumps out at me as being wrong.. I can change the setup from
DHCP to ppoe, l2tp, p2tp.... but ppoe doesn't connect, when I set it up the
same as the netgear, with my login & password... connecting to Atlantic Nexus
if that matters.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800