[ale] shell question

J. D. jdonline at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 18:07:36 EST 2008

Hey all,

There are some curious key combinations in bash I was wondering about.
Pressing ctrl-s seems to freeze the terminal but silently it appears to
still be accepting input. Pressing ctrl-q breaks this behavior and
everything returns to normal. Does anyone use this? I'm sure it has caused
people trouble thinking their terminal is locked. I have only used ctrl-q
from to regain my terminal after accidentally hitting ctrl-s. :)

Also having scrolllock enabled on from switching computers on a kvm creates
the illusion of a lockup since the terminal is in a scrolling mode.

Best regards,

J. D.