[ale] Q: Out of the Nest: ending bottom SSH session (ASCII ArtAlert)

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Thu Dec 11 16:12:25 EST 2008

You can do multilevel tilde to close.

e.g. ~~~. Will close the third machine (take you back to the second),
~~. Will close the second (take you back to the first) and ~. Closes the
first.

Your issue is when you closed the first it of course closed the second
and third.

This is pretty much the way it worked back in the "cu" days as I recall.
I wish ssh also had "~put" and "~get" for quick file transfers like cu
did.