[ale] a specter is haunting our school systems!

Steve Brown braino420 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 21:19:24 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Jim Popovitch <yahoo at jimpop.com> wrote:

> The reality is that "concerned" is more likely to be less on that
> teachers agenda than "making ends meet".  If that teacher made more $,
> then they would have more time to have a more open mind.   As it is
> today, teachers can barely make ends meet, so they take all the
> talking points and assistance they can get.   Free the teachers so
> they can free your kids' minds. ;-)

I think one of the morals of this story is that if the teacher had an open
mind, she could be saving the school $. But, the thing is, I don't think
helios' reply really helped her have more of an open mind. Most of his reply
is calling the teacher an AISD monkey. I don't even feel he properly
addressed her main concern, which was that this OS was some sort of pirated
version of winders or atleast in some way illegal.

This would have been a perfect opportunity for him to talk about Linux, not
about some AISD conspiracy.

-Steve Brown