[ale] a specter is haunting our school systems!

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 18:37:57 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 18:30, Jim Philips <philips_jim at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> And its name is...okay, it's not communism. It's Linux. For anyone who may not
> yet have read this blog post, please read:
>
> http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2008/12/linux-stop-holding-our-kids-back.html
>
> Maybe this concerned teacher should get a job as a droid for the Business
> Software Alliance.

What I find hard to believe is that the teacher so badly did not get
FLOSS at all.
I can see a plausible reason to stop the student from using something
other than the
installed OS (teacher can't be expected to know and block all the bad
stuff but let safe stuff through),
and certainly there could be a valid reason to tell the student to
stop playing and do the classwork, but
to so baldy misunderstand free software?!

--
Pete Hardie
--------