[ale] weird kmail issue

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sun Dec 7 06:38:33 EST 2008

so, I get up this morning, go to check mail and there is an ominous window
open asking for my SMTP password... saying kwallet isn't open...something...
so I stop & restart kmail, and it starts asking me for passwords, not a good
sign. So I log out & back in, no kwallet window like usual ;(
I click on the check mail window, and there are only 4 accounts, just my local
and POP accounts, no IMAP. All of my IMAP accounts are gone...
close kmail, go to my backup folder where it backup up my /home last night,
copy kmailrc back over to my ~/.kde/share/config restart kontact, and they
are back...
doesn't seem like anything else was touched.. kat paws on the keyboard?
wife snooping around my email?
thank goodness I have a backup! recreating those accounts is a real pain!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800