[ale] Geek Gift Ideas for Radio Show Linux Promotion

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 16:26:57 EST 2008

Charles Shapiro wrote:
<snipped>
> * The Viral Computer: a USB memory stick and a Knoppix CD. All you need
> is your roomate's/friend's/parent's PC and you're on your way.

I have become a fan of Dreamlinux on USB flash drive.  They have a
pretty slick setup that has drawn several of my Mac friends attention.

I also am looking forward to an Acer Aspire One very soon.  The netbook
market is seeing a good amount of sales and has several Linux machines
leading the way.  The fact that the EEE PC and the like have such a
large hardware hacker following makes them interesting talking points as
well.

EEE PC hacks:
http://beta.ivancover.com/wiki/index.php/Eee_PC_Internal_Upgrades