[ale] M$ refund

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Thu Dec 4 10:37:38 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:25, Jeff Lightner <jlightner at water.com> wrote:
> I don't think I said anything about "good".  I said "anti-competitive"
> and that is dealt with in our anti-trust laws.

I used "good" implying "socially acceptable" which presumably is what
ant-competitive/anti-trust seeks to achieve.

> Your arguments sound much like the ones in old rape cases where the
> defending attorney would say "look at how she was dressed".   Having a
> desire to look pretty is NOT the same as wishing to be raped any more
> than having a desire to be in business is the same as a desire to have
> your arm twisted by a corporate bully to stay in business.

In business having a desire to look pretty can sometimes be
constituted as grounds for suit (i.e. If a company says "our products
are the best!" and then can't back it up).   Esp if the company is
raping the consumer via false adverts.

-Jim P.