[ale] M$ refund

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Thu Dec 4 10:10:40 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 09:55, Jeff Lightner <jlightner at water.com> wrote:
> I'm pretty sure if Dell suddenly announced "we're not selling M$ any
> more due to their anti-competitive practices" they'd be out of business
> in short order.

True, however that is more so because their primary business is
centered around selling hardware used with XP/Windows.... and they got
into that primary business based on desire to make massive amounts of
money (i.e. *not* do good will for the community).      Don't forget,
nobody forced Dell to get into the PC business... they opt'ed to do
what they did and along the way signed the paperwork they signed.

> Part of earlier complaints against M$ was that they
> gave you a take or leave it agreement because they knew you couldn't
> stay in business without them.

So, should only "good" contracts should be allowed in this world?
Define "good". ;-)

-Jim P.