[ale] OT: Songbird rocks!

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Wed Dec 3 13:12:53 EST 2008

Jeff Lightner wrote:
> FYI - Brookstone which has many cool things has a turntable that will
> let you burn to CDs or MP3s or both (forgot the exact details) - I saw
> it last time I was strolling around the one at Towne Center Mall.

And you can probably get a functionally similar item a lot cheaper
almost anywhere else :-)  ThinkGeek used to have a USB turntable for
about $80, but I know I've seen less expensive ones.  Of course, I'm
not an audiophile (WhoTF cares if a speaker has a flat response at
25KHz? My ears only go to like 17KHz), so maybe my standards are
just way too low.

-- JK

--
I do not particularly want to go where the money is -
  it usually does not smell nice there. -- A. Stepanov