[ale] CLI way to interact with JavaScript URL?

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Dec 2 18:49:25 EST 2008

OK it's been about 3 years since I last looked into this.   Back then
the answer seemed to be there wasn't a way to do it with tools like
lynx, curl and wget or any other CLI browser.

Is there a way to do it now?

Lynx doesn't connect at all and most of my reading says it won't do
JavaScript.   Wget will connect but then goes nowhere.

Basically I'd like to at least get the information presented by the URL
(it's an Oracle Login page).

Even better would be if there were a tool that would let me interact and
actually login to validate the page is working properly.   (Similar to
the way expect would let me do a login on a telnet session via script.)

Does anyone have any ideas?

What I'm trying to achieve is monitoring to insure the page is working
and if not then notify the appropriate people to look into it.