[ale] Don't laugh, I need a POTS 8 port terminal server

Michael Still stillwaxin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 16:57:55 EDT 2008

cisco claims the NM-8AM-V2 module is supported in their 2800 series
routers.  that would be an option.

something a bit more fancy would be to get the digital modem dsp and
feed a pri circuit into the router.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Mike Harrison <meuon at geeklabs.com> wrote:

>   I have to set something up like I did it in 1994...
>   using Livingston Portmasters or such. It's going outside the USA
>   for a private dial-up network for a utility company. No DSL, T1, PRI's
>   or such available.... "Pots" lines..  Plain Old Telephone Service.
>
>   They'll be using Linux systems with modems doing standard PPP
>   dial-up.. and I know I could use an 8 Port rocketmodem
>   on a Linux box, but honestly I'd rather use something
>   purpose built that supports radius and such..
>   Like a Livingston Portmaster used to..
>
>   Anyone had any experience in this area with some currently available new
>   equipment?

[stillwaxin at gmail.com ~]$ cat .signature
cat: .signature: No such file or directory
[stillwaxin at gmail.com ~]$