[ale] what DOS/DOS clone is recommended for Virtual Box ?

Tim Meanor timothy at meanor.net
Mon Aug 25 14:23:48 EDT 2008

I agree, use DOSBox if at all possible.  I've used it on a number of
occasions for old DOS games and it works great.  I've also seen people
running old DOS applications (WordPerfect, even Windows 3.1 for some
reason).  I've also installed DOS 6.22 in a VMware virtual machine,
and though it worked fine, it was a huge pain trying to remember how
to do things like find and load a driver for a CD-ROM drive, and how
to copy data from host PC to the DOS virtual machine.  DOSBox makes
this much easier because you just specifiy a directory on the host OS
that DOSBox has access to and files in this directory are accessible
from within DOSBox.  Just copy files into there that need to be
accessed from within DOSBox.  Much easier!

-Tim