[ale] Major Hdwe upgrade foils LVM

hscast at charter.net hscast at charter.net
Sun Aug 17 20:04:49 EDT 2008

---- Jim Popovitch <yahoo at jimpop.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 5:13 PM,  <hscast at charter.net> wrote:
> > The BIOS sees all 4GB and when I boot to Fedora 9 system recovery it reports about 4GB less for whatever.
>
> Does the Fedora 9 kernel support Large Memory?   IIRC, 4GB of mem
> needs a non-standard kernel.
>
> -Jim P.
I thought it did. Doesn't it look at 4GB on a double core processor as 2GB/core? At least that was the impression I got on reading about SMP support. I'm going to try an upgrade/reinstall to see if that works. I had seen threads else where about a similar problem. It seemed to be an issue of hdwe was too different on rplcmnt systems.