[ale] OT analog fax on comcast digital

Forsaken forsaken at targaryen.us
Wed Aug 13 07:53:28 EDT 2008

On Aug 11, 2008, at 12:46 PM, Chambers, David W. wrote:

> Maybe I'm wrong but I think it's just digital on the Comcast side of
> the
> modem. I think you'll be able to use analog devices on the subscriber
> side.

That's something you have to be very very careful of. I've seen more
than one modem or fax machine fried by someone plugging it into a
digitial voice port, though this was back in the days before cable
companies were offering local service. That's something I would call
up and confirm with Comcast before I plugged in anything