[ale] OT analog fax on comcast digital

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon Aug 11 14:55:21 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 13:52 -0400, Chris Fowler wrote:
> Xmodem fails every time.  Eventually the errors stop and then
> the line drops.

Wow, there's a term I haven't heard in forever.

My memory may be incorrect on this one, but I seem to recall ZMODEM
being the best transfer protocol of the {X,Y,Z}MODEM family of file
transfer protocols.  I seem to recall that it supported partial
transfers and the like, and was quite a bit faster, and supported error
correction.

While you might not be able to fix the other issues, you should be able
to benefit from the resumable transfers, yes?

	--- Mike

--
My sigfile ran away and is on hiatus.