[ale] Looking for advise on domain names and other info wrt local network.

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon Aug 11 14:09:16 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 10:28 -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> NAT is being proposed for IPv6 in the IETF as a v4 <-> v6 transition
> mechanism.  It's not being proposed for the same purposes as v4 NAT.
> There are plenty of free IPv6 /48 networks to pass around.  The ISP's
> will have no excuse.

Ahh, I missed that little tidbit---As usual, the huge amount of
spactacular fuss on the 'net is over some little tidbit of missed
information that is (conveniently) left out of a lot of writings on the
subject.

That limitation is good to know, and I am still absolutely looking
forward to having my network be a "real" network.  I would love to be
able to actually host all of my own network services, because I hate
relying on others for that, and I'd rather have the only failure be my
connection, not some random other person's server, etc., etc.

	--- Mike

--
My sigfile ran away and is on hiatus.