[ale] bypassing fingerprint scan to install Linux on laptop

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Aug 8 08:40:50 EDT 2008

That reminds me:  My brother-in-law works at a Nuke plant.  They
introduced biometric palm prints a few years back.   When they jokingly
suggested cutting off someone's hand would be a way in the people doing
the presentation told his group:  "No, it won't work."

We've all since had at least one sleepless night wondering how exactly
the testing to verify that assertion was performed.