[ale] cygwin security concerns under Windows?

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Aug 8 08:36:45 EDT 2008

Sorry Chris.

Didn't mean to suggest the replies regarding net weren't helpful.

My comment about the security was in frustration at my coworker's
intransigence on the cygwin/sshd idea.  For that we wouldn't need expect
because we could establish a trust relationship.

Also as I noted for the net idea you wouldn't need expect either because
it allows you to pass the password via command line.   However, that in
fact is slightly less secure because the password would be stored in
clear text on the initiating host.  Since we'd presumably be doing the
cron job as root not a major issue so long as we insure the script isn't
readable by anyone other than root.