[ale] How easy using a USB CellModem has become.

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Sun Aug 3 16:18:45 EDT 2008

> [   95.856789] usbcore: registered new interface driver airprime
> [   95.914392] usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_acm
> [   95.914400] /build/buildd/linux-2.6.24/drivers/usb/class/cdc-acm.c:
> v0.25:USB Abstract Control Model driver for USB modems and ISDN adapters
> [  638.337348] PPP generic driver version 2.4.2
> [  638.343090] airprime ttyUSB0: airprime_open - failed submitting read
> urb 0 for port 0, error -8

> Hardy had been very network unfriendly to me.

Hmm.. It's worked well for me. I'll snarf my logs tomorrow and see if I
learn anything that might be a clue.

This worked well on two HP tx1000 series consumer laptops
and one IBM/Lenovo running Hardy so far.

Hardy's worked well for me so far, as a lamp server as well
as Desktop.

On my laptop, I used dnsmasq as a DHCP and DNS server
and setup iptables masquerading on Eth0 and this turned
that laptop into an access point. I need to play with
WiFi and make it serve as an AP next.