[ale] High load averages with U 8.04

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Tue Apr 29 00:19:38 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 19:57 -0400, Jim Philips wrote:
> I am back to using Firefox 2.0, because practically all of my favorite
> addons don't work under 3.0. I think it was a monumentally stupid move
> on the part of Canonical to force 3.0 on Ubuntu users before it is
> ready for a final release.

They did so because FF 2 support will not persist through the entire
LTS, and there are---from what I have heard, unofficially---plans to
place FF3 final in the -updates repository when it becomes available.

	--- Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us
home: 404-592-5746, 1                                 www.trausch.us
cell: 678-522-7934                       im: mike at trausch.us, jabber