[ale] High load averages with U 8.04

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 28 16:30:35 EDT 2008

Chris Fowler wrote:
> I've noticed some slowness after the upgrade.  I've turned off compiz
> because it was causing too much slowness.
>
> I can see my load average shoot up to 2 just by switching from FireFox
> to Evolution and back.  I typically switch between those 2 and multiple
> xterms to check email while working.
>
> I have a AMD 3.0Ghz with 1GB of ram.  I have plenty of speed.

I installed Heron in a VM on saturday, after the install It was running
almost 100% continuously even if just sitting there at the desktop.  I
figured something was wrong with the installation or perhaps there was
some kernel interaction with the VM host. But it really did feel
sluggish which is why I ran top.

Calvin...