[ale] WINE & Virtualbox on Fedora 8

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Mon Apr 28 15:38:54 EDT 2008

Running Fedora 8  uname -r = 2.6.24.4-64.fc8 and just installed Wine
0.9.58 today along with IEs4LINUX 2.99.0.1. While playing around with
wine and ie6 I noticed that my CPU load had jumped to 100% with
wineserver consuming about 86%. I have since shutoff wineserver by
killing all related processes and disabled it from starting up at boot.
Two questions in regards to this:
1. Is there any advantage to having wineserver and it's related
processes running as damens?
2. What could be causing this?

I had also in the past installed the latest and greatest version of
VirtualBox with M$ Winblowz 2KUnPro as a guest and found that once W2KP
boots up that my CPU is running at about 100% again with vbox taking up
 > 86%. Is there a common thread to vbox and wineserver that could be
causing this?

TIA
Scott