[ale] OT: Reply to thread WAS: low-memory disros

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Mon Apr 28 13:57:35 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 1:43 PM, James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com> wrote:
> May I ask if there is something preventing you from replying to the
>  thread? Just about every reply from you, and a couple others on the
>  list, starts a new thread despite the email being in response to an
>  email that is a part of a thread. It looks to me like your email
>  client isn't including the "References" header.

Is Chris a digest subscriber?   I've noticed that in the "low-memory
distros"  thread, the Subject is set to "[ale] low-memory distros",
but Chris' post has the Subject set to "[ale]  low-memory distros"
(two spaces after the [ale]).   Perhaps he is a digest subscriber and
reformats his reply, including re-creating the Subject.

-Jim P.