[ale] Ubuntu 8.04 and reconfigure X

danverde danverde at comcast.net
Sun Apr 27 10:28:57 EDT 2008

I also had the upgrade tool lock up on me.  I was upgrading kubuntu 7.10 to
8.04.  It locked up at the %99 percent mark so I figured it was mostly done
anyway.  I killed the upgrader and exited X.  At the command line I tried to
finish the upgrade manually with apt-get -f install and then followed that
with apt-get upgrade to finish any packages that weren't installed by the
upgrade tool.  This did appear finish the upgrade for me.  After rebooting
everything seems to be working.

I always keep a backup copy of my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file handy so that I
don't have to mess with upgrade tools wiping it out.  Not any chance you have
one that you can refer to so that you can fix it manully?

Dan