[ale] Ubuntu nm-applet

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Apr 20 10:48:12 EDT 2008

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the nm-applet NOT ask for a
password to bring up wireless?

I have a desktop that when rebooted requires interaction from the user
to start wireless.  I first saw that wireless did not come up unless the
user logged in.  I setup automatic login in gdm.  I then saw the
nm-applet prompt.  If I reboot the machine it does not come up on the
network till I go over to it and type the password.

Is it possible to configure a wireless connection just like a wired
connection.

Chris